The music of Silence

the most beautiful sound on earth... absolute silence and yet, you hear music
Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 22, 2011

Hawaii - Honolulu Day 1

I'm off to Hawaii for 6 days. It's unplanned until 2 weeks ago and i'm glad i made this trip.

I found a cute studio apartment from VRBO which is one block away from Waikiki Beach that's really functional and a good deal.
http://www.vrbo.com/227175
It has a nice ocean view from the balcony. I remember sitting in the balcony with my breakfast of Orange juice and Nutella sandwich, thinking of the mastercard advertisement "view - priceless"

I got complimentary upgrade to business class (aka USA first class) on my flight ! The food on the plane was so good (good airplane food ??.. what a bizarre idea??) First 2 photos are food on the flight out.. next 3 photos are food on the way back.


Hawaiian nuts with Bourbon coke

Sea Bass with mushroom rice













Scallop appetizer

Pasta Bowl

Ice cream sundae for dessert











I touched down about 7pm in Honolulu and took a airport shuttle ($9) to get to Waikiki Beach.
I ended up being the last person to be dropped off by the bus driver and end up getting a free tour around Waikiki Beach on the bus (not that i know where i'm going).
Conclusion is there's a lot of small streets with a lot of pedestrians and a lot of traffic.. not a good idea.
The bus driver (who is from Taiwan) ripped off the bus's bumper getting out of Marriott hotel.

Finally, I got to Pacific Monarch Hotel with no problem and managed to get cash from the ATM to pay for the room. A pretty eventful first day =)

No comments:

Post a Comment