The music of Silence

the most beautiful sound on earth... absolute silence and yet, you hear music
Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 22, 2011

Honolulu - Day 3 and Day 4

Day 3 was a quiet day for me. Peregrine arrived at 2pm and I was waiting for its arrival with minimum activities. I went for a Mai Tai at Shore Bird restaurant in Outriggers Hotel On the Reef.
It's a good deal ($3.50) and I enjoyed it before walking to the Marina to welcome Peregrine.



There's a welcome party by Pacific Yacht Club for the boat and we all hanged out for a while, before heading for a Barbecue dinner at Shore Bird. (no photos as i was too hungry and wolfed down the food before i can take photos)

Day 4 is surfing day for me!
Initially there's no other person to form a group lesson with. So i would have to pay 90 to get a private lesson. Luckily, Zach was supposed to take his private lesson at the same time but he was kind enough to share it with me to form a semi private lesson.
Background: private lesson - 90, semi private - 75, group - 50
Outcome- I paid 75 instead of 50 for my lesson, Zach paid 90 and got a semi private lesson. We both got free CDs showing our surfing pictures.
Did i mention Waikiki is super touristy and they really know how to make $$ out of tourists? But i'm not complaining as i think it's a great momento for my first surfing attempt.
Before you are too impressed, i'm given a really big board that aids balancing. Also, the instructor pushes me in the right direction with added momentum that makes this a lot easier.
Aka, if i'm going to do this again in SD, i don't think it will be this easy. But i'm hooked now to learn more about surfing !


wooo.. wobbly


that looks really cool


oops.. board incoming


i'm getting down.. not up..


getting down before i get thrown off


glad i did all those push ups at the gym


paddling away..


Way cool !
  
just one more..



yay ! i'm still alive


The ocean and a board


No comments:

Post a Comment