The music of Silence

the most beautiful sound on earth... absolute silence and yet, you hear music
Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 11, 2019

Segovia and Toledo May 2018

Segovia and Toledo trip
Toledo city view
My last weekend in Spain and i wanted to see the aquaduct in Segovia.
Cristina told me Toledo is very pretty and I found a trip that combined both !
So I made my way to Madrid and book a tour that does both.
I'm pretty tired by now, after travelling multiple weekends consecutively. So i only did a day trip and spent the rest of Sunday in my hotel =)

I got upgraded in the Madrid hotel near the airport that is fabulous, inclusive of lounge access.
Bedroom

The living room in my hotel suite
Bathroom

My welcome gift from Marriott : chocolate covered strawberries with a drink
Segovia
The bus for the tour leave from the bull ring in Madrid. There are so many tours that it's very confusing who is going where. I had to be patient waiting for the right bus to show up at the right time..
Madrid Bull ring

Big tour buses with lots of confusion in the AM for what bus goes where 
The bus trip is uneventful till this shows up in the bus windows! The segovia aquaduct is very well preserved and absolutely beautiful.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqueduct_of_Segovia
The town is small, with only the cathedral and the palace being the main attraction but it certainly is impressive.

The famous Segovia aquaduct
 As you keep walking towards the cathedral and the palace, there are signs on the floor indicating the flow of the water from the aquaduct.
Aquaduct sign on the floor indicating the pipes are below this ground
Cathedral of Segovia

palace of Segovia

View of the surrounding from the palace walls
Toledo 
The tour bus first brought us to a view point that shows the entire city of Toledo. It is impressive, as it's an old city with lots of old ancient buildings. I was very surprised.

City view of Toledo

Cathedral of Toledo

Cathedral of Toledo

City of Toledo

No comments:

Post a Comment